Pair and Connect your BUELLtooth Device to EcmDroid
Pairing your BUELLtooth is as simple as any other bluetooth device. Once paired, you will not have to repeat this process unless an unpairing of the device is performed.
- Download and install the EcmDroid Application on your Android device.
- Plug the BUELLtooth device directly into your diagnostic connection. Piggy-back devices such as Protune must not be connected.
- Turn the key on and run switch to run. The LED on your BUELLtooth will now be flashing. If you expect to have the bike on for an extended period of time it is suggested that you disable/disconnect the headlight or connect a battery charger. *If the battery of your motorcycle is allowed to drain to a level that is insufficient the unit will not work properly. If the battery can't start the bike, then it can't power the BUELLtooth.
- In the Settings/Bluetooth section of your device, perform a search for new devices. The BUELLtooth will initially appear as a MAC address, or simply labeled as "Misc". Select this device.
- A Pairing request page will appear. Verify that it is named BUELLtooth. Enter 1234 as the device's PIN, then press OK. Your device is now paired.
- Exit Settings and open the EcmDroid Application. Verify the Protocol is set to Stock/P&A (even if you have a "Race Use Only" engraved ECM). Press the Connect button at the bottom of the page, then select your BUELLtooth device.
- The LED on the BUELLtooth device will go solid and a Read EEPROM message will appear. The number of EEPROM pages will vary depending on your ECM type and firmware version.
- Once connected, make a note of the ECM ID. This is very important because it determines which EEPROM files can be burned on to your ECM.